- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 1-1/4 cups
This sweet and nutty flavored spread is extra tasty slathered on toasted pita slices or whole wheat crackers. Try using roasted beets to really bring out the natural caramelized flavor of the beets.
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 pound beets, trimmed, boiled or roasted, peeled, and cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- Coarsely chop the walnuts in a food processor.
- Add the beets, olive oil, water, tahini, and lemon juice and pulse processor until all ingredients are blended, but mixture is not totally smooth; Season with salt to taste.