- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Sweet, roasted beets are combined with slices of fresh orange to create this delightfully vibrant and citrusy salad.
- 1 pounds beets, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 navel (seedless) oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil plus extra to grease pan
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Thin slices of onion to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and brush a roasting pan with olive oil.
- Put the beets into the pan, sprinkle with a few pinches of salt, and then toss to coat. Spread the beets evenly in the pan, cover with foil and then place in the oven for 1 hour.
- Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees, remove the foil from the beets and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook the beets for 15 minutes, stirring once after 8 minutes. Remove the beets from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, whisk the remaining oil, vinegar, orange juice and a pinch of salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Add the beets and the oranges to the bowl, toss to coat and then garnish with the thin slices of onion.