- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 4-6 People
Forget the bleachers! Alma Mater Mealtime can be celebrated with game day favorites, right in your own kitchen. Put on your team's jersey, turn on the game and cheer on your team while gobbling down one of these beer sausage hoagies.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package brats or Italian sausages of your choice (if entertaining, figure on 2 per person, at least)
- 2 large white onions, sliced into long strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into long strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into long strips
- 1 bottle of beer of your choice (lager beer works great)
- Hoagie buns
- In a large pot with a lid, coat the bottom of it with the olive oil.
- Add the sausages and cook them until they are browned.
- Remove the sausages, and add some onions and peppers. If more olive oil is needed, add it here.
- Cook until the onions are translucent. Return the sausages back to the pot, and add the beer.
- Cook over medium heat until the beer has cooked down to a syrup, about 15 minutes.