- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Serving: 8
Beer Batter Fried Chicken is a great hit at summer picnics.
- 1 3/4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1, 12 ounce can beer
- 2 broiler-fryers (2 1/2 pounds each) cut up
- vegetable oil
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Beat in beer with a wire whisk until smooth. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Pour enough vegetable oil in a large skillet to make a 1 inch depth. Heat to 375 degrees F on a deep fat frying thermometer.
- Dip chicken pieces into beer batter a few at a time, allowing excess to drain back into bowl.
- Fry chicken pieces, turning once, for 30 minutes, or until chicken tests done. Place on paper toweling to drain. Keep warm in a 250 degree F oven until all chicken is browned.