- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8
Beefy Spanish Rice is tangy and delicious. Great as a side dish for a hungry crowd.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1, 28 ounce can tomatoes
- Saute onion and green pepper in oil until soft. Add ground beef and seasonings, stirring until beef is no longer pink. Stir in cooked rice, tomatoes, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.