- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr 15 min
- Total: 6 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
Delicious, slow cooked, sliced round steak slow cooked dinner served over noodles or rice.
- 1-1/2 pounds round steak, sliced in strips
- Canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded, julienned
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Rice or noodles, cooked and buttered
- Add the oil to a skillet and brown the steak. Arrange in the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- Mix together the soy sauce, onion, garlic, sugar and ginger and pour over the beef.
- Cook covered for 5-6 hours on low.
- Stir in the tomatoes, bell peppers and bouillon. Cook for 1 more hour.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water and stir into the slow cooker. Continue to cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over the buttered rice or noodles.