- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 5
Beefy Mexican Corn Bread is a hearty casserole filled with fiesta flavor.
- 1 to 1 1/2 packages Mexican corn bread mix
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper juice
- 1 medium can cream-style corn
- 1 to 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare corn bread mix using package directions. Add next 3 ingredients, mixing well.
- Brown ground beef, onion, salt and pepper in skillet, stirring until crumbly. Drain pan drippings. Spread half the corn bread batter in 2 quart casserole. Spoon ground beef on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes.