- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6 servings
A flavor packedd beef, vegetable and bean chili.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans with liquid
- 1-2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Cook and brown the beef in a large pot over medium heat. Mix in the celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook only until the vegetables are tender, not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 35 minutes.
- Mix in the beans for the final 15 minutes of cooking. Serve with the crushed chips on top.