- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4
Beef with Green Peppers is a classic combination and perfect over hot cooked white or brown rice.
- 1 pound round steak, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 clove garlic, crushed with 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large green pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Cut meat into thin strips about 3/4 inch wide. Brown meat quickly in hot shortening. Add garlic, salt and broth. Cover pan and cook slowly about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Blend cornstarch, soy sauce and water. Stir into meat. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick. Add green pepper and ginger; heat through.