- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Raita is a popular Indian side dish made from yogurt. It has both a cooling and spicy taste, making it the perfect accompaniment to grilled meat.
- 1 8-ounce carton Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup coarsely shredded unpeeled cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red or sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Place the yogurt, cucumber, onion, snipped mint, and sugar together in a bowl and mix until blended. Set Raita aside.
- Season the meat with the lemon-pepper seasoning, and then place on a broiler rack. Cook the meat 4 inches from the heat for 15 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare doneness.
- Cut the meat into thin slices and serve garnished with mint leaves and topped with the Raita.