- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 8 People
It is a Royal Dinner tonight when you serve this easy beef Wellington to your family. Lightly browned in a cast iron skillet, then wrapped in a beautiful puff pastry, your family will stand in honor of the queen of their home!
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1 pint mushroom slices
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high and add 3 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the salt and pepper to the beef tenderloin, then sauté the tenderloin on all sides, about 4 minutes total.
- Remove the tenderloin and set it aside to cool.
- Add the remaining butter to the cast iron skillet and sauté the onion. Then add the mushrooms, cooking them until they are soft.
- Add the red wine and cook it until the wine reduces.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Roll the puff pastry out on a floured cutting board, then spoon the mushroom mixture down the center.
- Beat the egg and water to make an egg wash.
- Place the tenderloin on top of the mushrooms, then fold the puff pastry over the long ends first, tucking as though wrapping a present.
- Seal with the egg wash, then fold the ends of the puff pastry. Brush the egg wash over the entire pastry.
- Place the pastry on a cookie sheet (seam side down) by using two spatulas to transfer.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Enjoy!