- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr 30 min
- Total: 6 hr 50 min
- Serving: 6
You can add 1/2 cup red wine for fuller flavor. You can also use fresh vegetables in place of the frozen ones.
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 4 red potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Place all except frozed vegetables in crock pot.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, turn to high.
- Add frozen vegetables, stir and cover.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.