- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
The yellow pepper and onion relish adds a delicious, sweet and savory flavor to the grilled steaks in this Italian-inspired dish.
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1 to 1-1/4 pounds), cut 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 yellow bell peppers, cut into narrow strips
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and black pepper in a shallow bowl and mix. Set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, mix together the egg and the water with a fork until frothy. Set aside.
- Rub 1/2 of the garlic over each steak and then dip each steak in the egg mixture and then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and sauté the remaining garlic, peppers, onion and rosemary for two minutes. Cover the pan and cook for 12 additional minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another large frying pan, melt the butter and remaining oil over medium-high heat and then add the steaks. Cook for about six minutes on each side, turning once, for a medium internal temperature.
- Place the cooked steaks on a plate and spoon over the pepper and onion relish after removing and discarding the rosemary sprig. Serve immediately.