- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6
This dish is wonderful served over fettucine or rice.
- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 small onion minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups fresh small whole mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups Italian green beans
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Trim fat from steak and cut into pieces.
- Spray an unheated crock pot with nonstick coating. Preheat over medium heat.
- Cook steak until brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Place meat pieces into a crock pot.
- In a bowl combine soup, onion, tomato paste, and lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Pour mixture over meat.
- Add mushroom halves.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. (Or cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.)
- Add beans crock pot.
- Stir in buttermilk. Cover and cook for 30 more minutes.