- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: 4-6
Beef Potato Boats are a real hit with meat and potato lovers.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium baked potatoes---cooled
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1, 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- Brown beef, onion, green pepper and celery in a skillet. Drain fat.
- Add seasonings and tomato sauce.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out insides keeping the skin intact.
- Mash potatoes and combine with meat mixture.
- Fill the potato skins with the meat mixture. Place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.