- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4
- 1 1/2 pounds beef cube steak
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut cube steak into serving size pieces. Coat meat with the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, and saute 1 teaspoon of the garlic for 3 minutes. Quick fry (brown quickly on both sides) meat. Place meat in a casserole baking dish, slightly overlapping edges. Place onion rings and peppers on top of meat, and pour marinara sauce over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat. Sprinkle mozzarella over meat and leave in the oven till bubbly.
- Boil pasta al dente. Drain, and toss in butter and 1 teaspoon garlic. For a stronger garlic taste, season with garlic powder. Top with grated parmesan and parsley for color. Serve meat and sauce atop a mound of pasta! HINT: make the meat ahead of time, and refrigerate over night, the acid in the tomato sauce will tenderize the meat even more. If you do this, save the mozzarella till the last minute.