- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4-6
A sweet and tangy roasted red pepper sauce complements tender pieces of seasoned sirloin beef. Prepare the skewers the night before so they spend 24 hours marinating in their spices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Stir in the red peppers, wine, ketchup and thyme and blend well.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth and the cornstarch. Pour into the pepper and wine mixture and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for ten minutes, stirring frequently. Empty the sauce into a serving bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pepper, salt, paprika and remaining garlic and mix well. Add in the beef and toss well with the spice mixture to coat. Thread beef onto six 12-inch metal skewers, leaving a small space between each piece.
- Grill meat on the barbecue or under your oven's broiler until desired internal temperature. Serve hot with red roasted pepper sauce.