- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 6 min
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
We all enjoy a good barbecue, but instead of the typical burger and hot dogs, why not try something a little more exotic, like this recipe for beef galbi, a Korean BBQ. Classic Korean BBQ resembles American BBQ, with chicken, pork, and beef as the main ingredients. Korean BBQ is unique in that grilled foods are usually eaten in a lettuce wrap with spicy accoutrements.
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 pounds beef short ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh fruit juice such as pineapple, orange, or pear
- Sprinkle brown sugar over short ribs and let sit while making the marinade. Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, rice wine, and pepper.
- Dip meat in juice and add meat to bowl with marinade. Let marinate in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Place meat on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Serve with lettuce wraps. Note: The meat will cook quickly because it is so thin, so take care to not overcook it.