- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: 8
Say, "ole'" to Beef Enchilada Casserole with a layer of tortilla chips for an added crunch.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small can green chilies
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1, 14 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1, 8 ounce package Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef with onions. Drain. Add the chilies, soup, milk and enchilada sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a 9 by 13 inch greased baking dish, crush tortilla chips and layer on bottom of dish, about 1 inch high. Add 1/2 of meat mixture and then 1 inch of crushed chips again. Top with cheddar cheese and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.