- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This simple stir fry is both quick and delicious and makes an attractive and colorful presentation. Serve over fresh steamed rice or rice noodles.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into very thin strips
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch diagonal pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- Place the cornstarch, black pepper, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder in a bowl and vigorously whisk to blend.
- Put the beef in a hot, non-stick pan over medium-high heat and sauté until browned. Stir in the asparagus, mushrooms, pepper and the cornstarch mixture, reduce the heat to medium, and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes and then serve immediately.