- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6 people
Strips of beef and crunchy broccoli combine for a quick and flavorful beef and broccoli stir-fry.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 pounds top sirloin, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium heads broccoli
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- Mix together soy sauce, lemon juice, dark brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Warm 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Combine beef and stir-fry until almost cooked through (approximately 2 minutes). Move beef to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Warm remain tablespoon of vegetable oil and combine onion and stir-fry in a skillet. Cut broccoli into florets and add to skillet with 1/2 cup water. Boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer for 3 minutes
- Add beef back into skillet with soy sauce mixture and add the ginger. Boil and cook while stirring constantly until the sauce thickens (about 2 minutes). Serve hot