- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A deliciously flavor stuffed ground beef taco pie dinner.
- 1-1/1 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Brown the beef with the bell pepper in the oil. Drain. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon salt along with the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder and 1 cup of water. Heat on medium for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid is evaporated.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the cheese over.
- Mix together the corn muffin mix, egg and milk, and beat well. Pour over the sprinkled cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.