- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Feel free to use this dry rub on meat and chicken but it is actually made for grilled fish. Additionally, you can substitute the brown sugar in this recipe for light brown or maple sugar.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- Place all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Rub the mixture onto the fish with your fingers, cover the fish and allow to sit for at least 2 hours to absorb the flavors.
- Use about 3/4 cup of the BBQ rub per pound of fish.