- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A classic, slow cooked, sausage and shrimp southern stew. Served over rice for an easy set it and forget it dinner.
- 1 pound smoked, cooked sausage links
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound peeled, veined shrimp
- Rice, cooked
- Mix together everything but the shrimp and rice in a greased slow cooker. Cook covered for 6-8 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high.
- Mix in the shrimp and cook for 1 hour on low. Serve over rice.