- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 5-6 servings
Creamy Frankfurter and sauerkraut dinner.
- 8-10 frankfurters
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 (1 pound) can sauerkraut, drained
- 4 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1/2 cup buttered soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cut 4 of the franks in half. Cut the remaining into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Combine the soup and mayonnaise. Divide in half.
- Mix in the franks pieces with half of the soup mixture. Add in the caraway seeds and kraut. Spread into an 11x7 baking dish.
- Combine the remaining soup with the potatoes. Spread around the edges of the baking dish.
- Mix together the bread crumbs with the paprika and sprinkle on top of the potatoes. Place the halved franks on top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.