- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 8 servings
With its fresh, peppery flavor and slightly clove and anise-like aroma, this vibrant vinaigrette is ideal topped on a raw summer vegetable salad or drizzled over a grilled vegetarian mix.
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Turn on a food processor and then drop the garlic down the processor flute to chop. Add the basil, pulse the mixture until finely chopped, and then add the oil, vinegar and pinch of red pepper; continue to process the mixture until smooth.
- Season the vinaigrette to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper and then serve immediately.