- Prep: 1 hr 35 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: Makes 1 stick of butter
This butter is delicious brushed on grilled fish or melted and used as a dipping sauce for seafood. Also substitute it for regular table butter so guests can enjoy it on bread rolls.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened at room temp
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade, loosely packed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- Place the butter, basil, garlic, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt into a medium-sized bowl and stir well until blended.
- Transfer the butter mixture to a piece of parchment paper, and carefully roll into a cylinder shape.
- Twist the ends to seal and then place the butter mixture into the refrigerator to firm before serving.