- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Fresh basil leaves, ginger and a slice of watermelon are first muddled together and then shaken with vodka and fresh lime juice to create this cool summer concoction.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled
- 1 (2-inch) slice watermelon
- 1 barspoon simple syup
- 1 barspoon fresh lime juice
- ginger ale, chilled
- watermelon chunk and basil leaf to garnish
- Place the basil, ginger, watermelon slice and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Add the vodka and lime juice to the shaker and then fill with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top the drink with the chilled ginger ale and then garnish with the watermelon chunk and basil leaf; serve immediately.