- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Basil adds a distinctive flavor to this tasty cocktail made with rye and lemon juice.
- 3 large basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar or agave nectar
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-1/2 ounces rye
- Place the basil, sugar, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker and muddle with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Fill the shaker with ice and then add the rye.
- Shake the mixture for 25 seconds and then stain into a martini glass and serve.