- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Use this sauce ‘as is’ for a traditional red pasta sauce, or change the spices and add vegetables dependent on your liking.
- 1-1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree, or ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of oregano or mixed herbs
- 1 cup of vegetable stock, or wine for a richer sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the oil on medium heat. Sauté the onion and the garlic, stirring frequently, until onion is soft and translucent and garlic is golden brown and fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes, puree, stock and herbs. Simmer gently for approximately 15 minutes.