- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Makes 8-10 servings
Gazpacho is a Spanish-style soup made from fresh tomatoes, vegetables and spices. Enjoy it served cold with a glass of Spanish sherry or Rioja.
- 1-1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes (about 4 medium), cored and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Croutons to garnish
- Put the tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and garlic in a food processor or a blender, and process the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and then stir in the tomato juice, oil, vinegar and a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill. Serve the soup ladled into bowls and garnished with a drizzle of olive oil and a scattering of croutons.