- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 3 dozen
Basic oatmeal cookies with a touch of honey.
- 2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugars. Mix in the egg, honey and vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the dough 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Cool for 5 minutes before moving to a rack.