- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes about 20 small meatballs
It’s important to know how to make classic meals as well as more complex and modern dishes. This basic recipe for meatballs is a staple recipe.
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, pork, veal, lamb, or a combination)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the egg into a large bowl and beat with a fork until frothy.
- Add the ground meat, breadcrumbs and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and then mix by hand until well combined.
- With wet hands to prevent sticking, form the meat mixture into small balls.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the meatballs in batches, so as not to overcrowd the pan, and cook for 20 minutes. Meatballs should be browned all over.