- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Make your own iced tea with either black or green tea, taking care to note that green tea has a more delicate albeit slightly bitter flavor.
- 12 tea bags of any good-quality black tea
- 1 medium lemon
- 8 cups simmering water
- Rich Simple Syrup (optional)
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the lemon peel in strips being careful to avoid the white pith as much as possible.
- Place the peel in a heatproof pitcher along with the tea bags, and then pour in the boiling water. Allow the tea to steep for 15 minutes before removing and discarding the tea bags.
- Sweeten the mixture with some simple syrup to taste and then place in the refrigerator to chill. Serve in glasses filled with ice and garnish with sprigs of fresh mint.