- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes about 1/2 cup
Ideal drizzled on fresh, ripe tomatoes from your local farmers market, and served with a fresh loaf of bread and mozzarella cheese.
- 1-1/2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the garlic down the flute of a food processor while the machine is on.
- Add the basil and pulse the mixture until the basil is in finely chopped pieces.
- Slowly pour the oil and vinegar into the flute while mixing the ingredients, and then add the red pepper and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight glass jar with a lid.