- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Nothing beats a homemade basil pesto sauce, tossed with hot spaghetti, for the ultimate in simple yet flavorful Italian cuisine.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves (2-3 bunches)
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large clove garlic, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Using a food processor, add the basil, walnuts, Parmigiano-Reggiano, oil, water, garlic, salt and pepper together and process, scraping down the sides, until smooth.
- Pour over a cooked pasta of your choice, and toss to coat.