- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes enough dressing for 4 side salads
It is important to know how to make a basic balsamic vinaigrette as this delicious dressing pairs perfectly with almost any salad.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3-4 grinds freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- Pour the vinegar into a bowl and then add the salt, pepper and sugar. Whisk the mixture until all of the sugar and salt have completely dissolved.
- In a slow and steady steam, pour in the olive oil, while whisking vigorously to combine, and continue to mix until the color of the mixture becomes a pale shade of brown. Season the vinaigrette to taste with additional salt, pepper or sugar if needed, and serve immediately.