- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Very versatile and quick to make, this classic sauce adds a complimentary flavor to grilled meats and vegetables.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 egg yolks
- Combine the vinegar, tarragon and shallots in small sauce pan over high heat. Boil until liquid has almost totally evaporated. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, process the egg yolks, lemon juice and the pepper until smooth. Slowly pour in the melted butter and then the herb mixture. Continue to process until the ingredients are mixed and consistency is thick.
- Serve in a sauce dish alongside grilled meats and vegetables.