- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
You can use chicken, beef or pork sausage with this recipe.
- 1 pound uncooked red kidney beans
- 2-28oz cans chiken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup barley
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Rinse beans and put in large bowl with water to cover and soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Put all ingredients in a large crock pot.
- Blend together.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.