- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A great side dish for grilled chicken or beef, these beans are not only packed with flavor but fiber too.
- 1/3 cup prepared spicy barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped (1 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- Place the barbecue sauce, vinegar and molasses in a large bowl and whisk together to blend.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes and the scallions, and mix well until coated.
- Add a few grinds of fresh pepper and some hot sauce to taste, and stir once more to combine.