- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Grilled salmon tastes anything but bland when smothered with sweet and spicy corn relish.
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 red sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 fresh ears of corn, husked
- 4 6-oounce skinless salmon fillets, 1/2 to 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare a grill on medium heat.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the jalapeno pepper, remove the seeds and chop into small pieces. Place in a bowl along with the sweet pepper.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook for 13 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking. Remove from grill and cut off kernels once cool enough to hold.
- In the meantime, sprinkle the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper, and then place on the grill for 6 minutes, turning once. Coat the fish with bbq sauce during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Place the corn kernels into the bowl the jalapeno pepper, and add 1 tablespoon of barbeque sauce, the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine and then serve with the grilled salmon.