- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
Great served over rice, mashed potatoes or in a bun.
- 3 lbs. chuck roast
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz.)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl mix ketchup sugar, mustard,worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and minced onions.
- Cover and set aside.
- Disolve bouillon cubes in 1 cup of water.
- Place roast in a crock pot.
- Pour water and bouillon cubes over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 6 - 8 hours (high 3-4 hours). Remove meat and shred with a fork.
- Retain 1 cup of the juice from cooking.
- Add the bowl of ingredients to shredded meat.
- Put back into the crock pot and cook on low 3 - 4 hours.