- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr 30 min
- Serving: 10
The aroma of the baking banana bread will make you want to eat this as soon as it's cooked.
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a bowl blend shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- In a bowl combine baking powder, baking soda, flour and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture alternating with the bananas.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased 6 cup mold.
- cover with foil and seal.
- Pour 2 cups of hot water into a crock pot.
- Place mold on top of trivet in the pot.
- cover and bake on high 2 to 3 hours.