- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
These healthy muffins are made with banana and quinoa, and sweetened with agave syrup instead of sugar. Enjoy them as a satisfying snack or top with a simple powdered sugar glaze and serve as dessert.
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place cupcake liners into a 12-cup cupcake tin.
- Put the flour and the baking powder into a bowl, mix and then set aside.
- Place the egg, agave, and oil into another bowl and beat well until thoroughly blended. Stir in the mashed bananas and mix well to combine.
- Place the banana mixture into the bowl with the flour and stir well to blend. Transfer the batter to the prepared cupcake tin and then place in the oven for 20 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool before removing from the pan.