- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 8-10 People
Impress your friends when you serve this sweet crumb cake at your next get-together. Goes wonderfully with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour, 1 cup oats, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Mix together 1/2 cup butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla.
- Blend flour combination into the egg mixture; mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Combine remaining oats, brown sugar, butter, walnuts and cinnamon; blend until mixture becomes coarse.
- Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.