- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: varies
Give your kids a back-to-school advantage this year with these banana-packed banana oat cookies.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1/4 cup sliced bananas, lightly packed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, salt, and cinnamon.
- Coat with oil and set aside.
- Fork-mash the bananas and mix with nuts.
- Add the banana nut mixture to the oats mixture and combine well.
- Divide 12 mounds of dough onto 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten dough with a spatula until they are about 5 inches across.
- Bake on a high rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and re-flatten the cookie dough.
- Return cookies to the oven and bake another 8 to 10 minutes.