- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes about 8 pints
If apple butter is a favorite in your family, try this banana, cherry and raisin blend.
- 3 cups (about 10 medium) mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped small golden raisins
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground nutmeg
- 1 bottle (6 ounces) liquid pectin
- Put the bananas, lemon juice, cherries, raisins, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a saucepan and place over high heat.
- Let the mixture boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly, and then remove from the heat and add the pectin.
- Stir the mixture to combine and then transfer to glass jars with tightly-fitted lids.