- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 9 People
These soft muffins are perfect for breakfast, afternoon snacks or even alongside soups and salads.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- Beat egg yolks, honey and orange peel until light and fluffy.
- Fold in bananas, carrots and applesauce.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture; set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.