- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 12
This is one of the best banana cakes I have ever tasted.
- 1 Â½ cups self-rising cake flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Â½ cup sugar
- Â¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- Â¼ cup oil
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, egg, egg whites, sugars, and oil until smooth.
- Blend in flour mixture until just blended.
- Pour into cake pan and bake until center springs back when touched.
- Cool in cake pan for five minutes.
- Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, beat together whipped cream cheese, brown sugar and butter.
- Spread onto cooled cake.