- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Instead of using plain bread in this recipe, use a cinnamon swirl variety which will add additional flavor and attractive presentation to this simple dessert dish.
- 8 slices Cinnamon Swirl Bread, cut into cubes (about 5 cups)
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter to grease pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish with butter.
- Put the bread cubes, bananas and chocolate pieces into the prepared dish. In a separate bowl, whisk the heavy cream, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla extract together until thoroughly blended and then pour over the bread mixture.
- Stir and gently toss the mixture until the bread is coated and then place in the oven for 25 minutes. To ensure the dessert is done, place a toothpick in the middle of the pudding. If it comes out clean remove the pudding from the oven and serve.